Monday, 23 January 2017

Early Day 3 Txt messages as the weather deals its second blow

And as Day 3 dawned on the Great Southern Brevet 2017 edition yet another challenge awaited.....

Date: 23 January 2017 at 05:44
Subject: SMS with Brian Alder
Hi Dave. I'm pulling the pin. Don't fancy a few days battling the gales. Thanks so much for your effort. Brian A.

Date: 23 January 2017 at 05:54
Subject: SMS with Craig Phillips
I decided this morn to abandon the course & ride back to Tekapo from here in Cromwell. Weather isn't playing ball this year & forecast suggests remainder of course will be more of a mission than I have time for. Best wishes to all riders, & thanks to Dave King for another epic GSB!

Date: 23 January 2017 at 07:50
Subject: SMS with Cliff Clermont
Cliff n Dave here... Matty may of found the 20+ river crossings. We'll take our time getting ready to learn what happened to Matty.

Date: 23 January 2017 at 08:02
Subject: SMS with Matty Graham
Nevis is a no go. In serious flood. Tried crossing last night but 1/4 way across was thigh deep.
Waited to see if would go down over night but has come up meters more.

No comments:

Post a Comment